Deacon Edward Brooks
Bro. Anothy West
Bethesda Baptist Church Men's Ministry
The Men Ministry strives to minister to the needs of our men and to identify areas where our men need encouragement and spiritual development.
The Purpose of the Men’s Ministry:
- To get men back to the Presence of GOD
- To create an environment (as established by GOD) for men to be free to be men.
- To help Men to discover their “manhood/masculinity” as defined by GOD.
- To help Men to receive the healing, rest, re-building, and re-positioning they need.
- To help Men to be able to be confident in their GOD given and GOD inspired roles as men.
- To help men to be able to present a presence and influence designed by GOD to have a GODLY impact within the world around him.
We will accomplish our purpose through:
Biblical study pertaining to what it takes to establish “closeness” with GOD and others.
- Private and public devotion to GOD through prayer, and relational interaction (with GOD & others).
- Consistent prayer for and with each other.
- Fellowships (with each other) outside the walls of the Church.
- Fellowships (with other ministries) outside of the walls of Bethesda.
The goal of the Men’s Ministry is to:
Teach, discuss, and (most importantly) learn about establishing “closeness” with GOD.
- Establish an atmosphere that puts to practice personal relationship with GOD and each other.
- Establish consistent events, activities, and opportunities for men to gather together and fellowship
- Create opportunities for men to receive the things needed to recover from his past experiences.
- Create opportunities for men to receive the things needed for his present condition.
- Create opportunities for men to receive the things needed for his future position.
Men’s conference 2018 plus recognition of our senior men BBC with gifts
February 2019 black history program at BBC by Mr. Clyde Wilson ( chief historian for fort Bragg North Carolina
Serving lunch to the AMEW students
Men enjoying some down time while attending the play, Jesus
2019 men’s retreat, Bowling competition
Man up conference with the brothers from Metropolitain 2019
Men’s outreach project / congregational care 2019